TED is a nonprofit devoted to ideas worth spreading. TED has given stage to many inspiring ideas around the world and when we look at the varsity of videos TED offers today, it’s easy to get overwhelmed. So, we decided to sort out 10 exceptionally inspirational talks by the women who have taken the world by storm.
1. Sheryl Sandberg: Why we have too few women leaders?
Always sit on the table, negotiate and don’t leave before you actually leave.
2. Mellody Hobson: Color blind or color brave?
The first step to solving any problem is to not hide from it and the first step to any form of action is awareness.
3. Your Elusive Creative Genius | Elizabeth Gilbert | TED Talks
Olé! To you, just for having the sheer human love and stubbornness to keep showing up.
4. Be inspired. Think big. Take action. | Sigrun Gudjonsdottir | TEDxZurichWomen
Be inspired to dream up what you want your life to look like. Think big to create a plan so you can achieve that vision. Take action to create that opportunity.
5. Jessica Jackley: Poverty, money and love
I was six years old when I read – “What you do for the least of these (poor), you do for me. – Jesus.” It was news to me that God needed help!
6. Live your dream: Shaheen Mistri TEDxIIMB
A teacher changed my life, a teacher made me who I am. What could I possibly do that would be more important than being a teacher to another 40 kids.
7. The power of Introverts – Susan Cain
Stop the madness for constant group work. Just stop it.
8. The art of asking – Amanda Palmer
I was a self-employed living statue called the Eight-Foot Bride, and I love telling people I did this for a job, because everybody always wants to know, who are these freaks in real life.
9. The fight against sex slavery – Sunitha Krishnan
I was 15 when I was gang-raped by eight men. I don’t remember the rape part of it so much as much as the anger part of it.
10. Emilie Wapnick: Why some of us don’t have one true calling
In high school, I liked English and math and art and I built websites and I played guitar in a punk band called Frustrated Telephone Operator.